Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas in Connecticut

I've been negligent for more than two weeks this time! Sorry about that. The thing is, I haven't really found anything interesting to write about. Emelia is a joy to be with, but she's doing the things babies are supposed to do, which just doesn't give me much fodder for blog posts. I guess I'm just not very creative. Aaron also beat me to posting about how hard it was to put Emelia down awake, rather than holding her until she fell asleep.

We are now in Connecticut spending a week with my family. My parents and only sibling (sister Susie) live in southeastern Connecticut, where I grew up, and we spend our Christmases with them. Aaron's family is Jewish, so Christmas just isn't as important to them as to my family.

We always have a great time in Connecticut, and we are fortunate that this year my sister's kids Callumn, Acacia, and Branwyn are here for their holiday vacation, rather than in Maine with their dad. Alas, we don't see them nearly enough. We don't see any of our nieces and nephews nearly enough. They all keep growing and maturing, and we miss SO much of it!!

Emelia is having a great time being held and cuddled by her cousins, all of whom adore her. Callumn and Acacia (Cassie) are ten year old twins, and they both love babies. Branwyn is eight, and she likes Emelia, too, but she's not quite as enthusiastic about holding her. All three are great with Emelia, as they've been practicing with their one year old sister (their Dad's new daughter), Madeline.

Because she's having such a good time, however, Emelia is getting a tad overstimulated. She's not sleeping as much as she does at home, and we're having a bit of trouble getting her to go down at night. Once she's down, though, she's been really easy the rest of the night. She's not sleeping through (four hours, tops), but she'll wake and nurse for only a few minutes before going right back to sleep. This is making life much easier for me!

I've posted a few new pictures of Emelia, as well. Enjoy!

3 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful little baby!

Ellen said...

well i've never posted a comment before but omg i have been semi-stalking you and your BRAND NEW FAMILY MEMBER in my free time and meaning and meaning to write/call/telegram you to hear about everything thats going on. i am so excited for you, i can hardly believe it - and i just found your blog and you crack me up. i dont have your email anymore so you have to email me - DO IT DO IT!! hope all is well! love, ellen

LoryKC said...

Happy New Year, Emelia!
(Warm wishes to your parents, too!)